Wednesday, December 01, 2010

WiP It Wednesday: The Non-Knitting Version

I have two swap packages that I have to get out the door tomorrow, so I have been frantically trying to get everything finished. These two babies (haha - pun intended!) were the last things to get finished:

Bib clips

Anyone guess what they are?

Maybe this picture will help:

bib clips on doll

They are bib clips - so you can transform any napkin, handkerchief, or washcloth into a bib or a cover-up while nursing. I saw some on Etsy when I was looking for some baby presents, and I thought they would be easy enough to make. Who would have thought that the most difficult part of it all would have been finding the actual mitten clips! It may have been neater to do these with a sewing machine... but I don't have a sewing machine, so I whipped them up by hand. I hope my swap partners like them - I know I do - and I have one set of clips left so I can make a bib clip for Sprog.

4 comments:

Discoknits said...

very cool indeed :0)

Zonda said...

What a great idea!! Cute :)

Elizabeth said...

Our daughter had some of these for her two children and when my husband saw them, he wanted some for himself. He had some alligator clips that he used for his woodworking. He made himself one with a chain holding the clips. Works great for him. You can also use the ones like you made for pacie holders.

kemtee said...

Dang. I wish I'd thought of that.