Saturday, September 02, 2006

With the wind and rain and branches everywhere...

Ernesto is on his way out, and while we hardly even got a glancing blow out of him, the yard outside is a mess. I would take a picture, but the rain is still coming down at such a pace that the picture would just be a grey blur. There are branches everywhere and I am sure the garden is a big mudpie right now... We had about 4 inches of rain in the last two days of August and at least 2 inches in the last 24 hours. It feels like autumn already - I don't believe it temperature even made it to 65'F yesterday.

I wanted to have some bright and colourful yarn pics to show off but apparently the gloominess is affecting my camera as well. Here is some of the yarn I bought at KnitPurl in Portland, OR last week:



Mmm... more Koigu! Unfortunately this pic is not doing justice to the colours at all. I did ask to have the stuff wound at the store - but Koigu looks its prettiest when it is still in its skein. They are sort of a turquoise-y green with a dab of purple thrown in. These will be socks for *ME* someday - probably sometime after Christmas because there are too many other things that need to get completed before now and then.

Cashsoft Aran in a soft dark blue - this stuff really lives up to its soft name! This is destined to be made into someone's Christmas present, so I can't get much more into it. I have a feeling I am going to love working with this...



I did buy something else at KnitPurl, but it went directly into my Colorswap partner's package - so I will have to post a link when she posts them on her blog.

And for all you blogstalkers, here is my addition to the "Feets Up" category. I have had a pedicure recently so my feet don't look so bad. They were definitely tired toesies by the time this pic was taken. The colours of the Koigu look a bit better here:



Psst... don't tell my mother-in-law that my feet were on the table. She'll yell at me! I did throw the table cloth in the wash right afterward - partly because of the feet and partly because the darling progeny had decided to paint with raspberries earlier in the day. I love Tide-to-Go sticks!


Someone asked me what I am knitting right now since there haven't been any current project pics up in a while. I have a navy blue Malabrigo hat going right now, a washcloth (the quick 'throw-in-the-suitcase' project), and Andrew's cabled sweater. Since the weather has been cooler I have been more inclined toward the sweater - I'm almost at the point where I have to decrease for the armholes on the back.... so maybe 20% finished?

5 comments:

Bezzie said...

Purty colored yarn! And whatever polish you have your toes is pretty cool--it's like it's there, but it's not. Neat effect.

Jo said...

Thank you - it's a very pale pink opalescent colour and took 3 coats to get that dark! The aesthetician kept on saying, "Are you sure this is what you want?" I wanted it to look pretty, but not obvious. My 4 year old, on the other hand, chose a flaming purple.

Anonymous said...

W has good color sense!! your mother also doesn't like feet on the table.
It's sunny & hot up here in the "frozen" north. About 90 degrees.
love& hugs

turtlegirl76 said...

Uh oh. Mom called you out on the feet! Hee hee.

That Koigu looks wonderful. And you can really picture it as socks with the pic of it next to your feet.

soapy said...

ohhh I love those blues!