Wednesday, September 12, 2007

WiP It Wednesday

Skein #2 all dyed up:



Again, this one didn't turn out quite how I intended - but I suppose that comes with practice. What I wanted was a cornflower blue and lime green mix. I used the Wiltons dye that is actually called 'Cornflower Blue', but it separated into powder blue and violet almost as soon as hitting the dyepot water. The only light green I had in my dye box was 'Leaf Green' and I wanted something Spring-ier than that, so I added a dollop of yellow to the leaf green and got the snazzy lime I was looking for.

Here's a close up:



I didn't get a chance to take pictures in natural light so they are a bit yellowed here. And I did lengthen the distance between my lawnchairs when I strung out the skein prior to dyeing, so I hope to achieve the wider stripes on the hats I intend to knit with this skein.

Does anyone have a name for this one?

3 comments:

Annie said...

I think it's lovely! Some day I will try dying yarn, in the meantime I really enjoy gazing at it.

Bezzie said...

Oh that's pretty!!

Lichen love? Nah, I've never seen lichen that lovely. It's late here, what can I say?

Unknown said...

It reminds me of one of my favorite candies... Gobstoppers!