Pinched from Fidget
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Drive on the highway to the King of Prussia Mall! (Those of you who know me in person know I have an aversion to driving on highways.)
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Hmm. I didn't make any new year's resolutions this year. I challenged myself to read 100 books and you will find out the results to that soon.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister Teri had a daughter in February and my friend Asami had a son in May.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
USA and Canada
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More comfortable shoes.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 29th. But I can't tell you why.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I don't know. I was happy to finish my Mr. Greenjeans sweater - but in retrospect I wish I had chosen a different yarn. Cables need wool. Willow and I did a lot of reading together this year, and I think that was an important achievement as well.
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
See above. Other than that, I am as healthy as the proverbial horse.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My freezer! Even if it won't fit in my basement!
12. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage. Followed by car repairs (it took 4 different mechanics and garages before they figured out what was wrong with my car. &!$%@^$ing fuel pump!)
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My parents coming to visit. And seeing my new niece and nephew in the summer.
14. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Foo Fighters' 'Everlong'
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? About the same
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter, unfortunately.
c) richer or poorer? About the same.
16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercise. Talk to my family. Yardwork. Home repairs.
17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Yell at Willow.
18. How will you be spending Christmas?
Done! Opened presents here, went to my in-laws for a delicious lunch and more presents, and then back to our place to watch movies on TV.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
20. What was the best book you read?
You will find out that either tomorrow or Friday.
21. What was your greatest musical discovery?
22. What did you want and get?
Lots and lots of yarn!
23. What did you want and not get?
A spinning wheel - but that is only because Andrew and I haven't had time to go on a road trip to shop for one.
24. What was your favorite film of this year?
I really liked Across the Universe.
25. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 36, but it was uneventful as Andrew had to work late so all I did was take Willow to her swimming lessons. We did go out for dinner at a hibachi restaurant the next day.
26. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
27. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Comfort. I'm pretty much a Lands End girl all the way around.
28. What kept you sane?
Meeting my knitting friends at Brew Ha Ha.
29. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
You can laugh at things in the most horrible of situations.
All in all, it has been an okay year. Stressful as hell at points, but there was much laughter and learning and love. I have a wonderful husband (for the foot rubs alone!), a daughter who surprises me every day with her insight and intelligence, a family support system I appreciate more than I could possibly say, a home of my own, and a job that keeps me interested every day.
I'm a lucky woman.