Friday, January 09, 2009

Sock Monogamy

...I don't think I suffer from it.

I accumulated these lovelies over the holidays, and I am so eager to dig into them. I have a pair of socks right now that are about 80% finished... but all I want to do is start a new one!

Unique Sheep Chocolate Kiss Sport Weight Sock Yarn

Unique Sheep Chocolate kiss

Chewy Spaghetti Spaghettoni Serendipity Sport Weight Sock Yarn

Chewy Spaghetti

Okay, technically this next skein is Andrew's. I had bought it before Christmas with the plan of knitting him a pair of socks... but that didn't happen. So, I wrapped up the skein and put it under the tree for him. Needless to say, he was very confused. My Mom thought it was hilarious, though.

Darling Dachs Dach Sox Blue Harvey Sport Weight Sock Yarn

Darling Daschund

And this last one was a Christmas present to me! My Mom dragged my Dad to a Sheep and Fibre Festival in Duncan, BC earlier this year and they bought this yarn from the Hummingbird Fibre Arts booth.

Hummingbird Fibre Arts Superwash Merino/Tencel Sport Weight Sock Yarn

Hummingbird fibre arts

Oh, the temptation ;)

9 comments:

Zonda said...

Ohh...yes, pretty yarns!

Bezzie said...

Nice haul!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Which one will be first???

Life's a Stitch said...

Love the names of the yarns.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Love all those yarns!! I even have that skein of Dashing Dachs !! Did someone else shop the Woolgirl after Thanksgiving sale ? :) I'm trying to be good and finishing up some of my socks too, but its so tempting to cast on the new ones...

turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh you got some lovelies there!

Anonymous said...

I want socks:( My feet are your size....hint...hint. Love Jaime

kemtee said...

Nom nom nom… preeeetty yarns

Batty said...

That's what you get for having all this pretty sock yarn! Tell you what: Anything that's too tempting, you send to me. Then, you can finish what you're currently working on, and when you're done, you find out I've "misplaced" the yarn you sent. Double stash shrinkage in one go! Great idea, no?