Thursday, September 15, 2011

Uh-oh, Grandfather -

I think we may have to share more of the asparagus next year!

Piper has been eating Level 2 baby foods, and I have tried to introduce the odd soft solid, but she hasn't been terribly interested so far. Cut to today - Andrew had to work late, so Willow and I took advantage of this by having salmon, buttered rice, and asparagus for dinner. My strange husband cannot stand the smell of salmon, so they only time we get to enjoy it is if he is out. Anyway - Piper had already been fed, but I wanted to keep her occupied while I tried to eat my dinner without too much baby intervention. So - I gave her two stalks of asparagus. At first I thought she was just playing with them - there was an awful lot of swinging them in the air and squishing them with her fingers:

P9141828

But then I noticed that one stalk was noticeably shorter than the other... and then the next time I looked, she had the stalk in her mouth and was sucking and gumming on it.

P9141829

Don't let the expression fool you - she ate one entire stalk and part of the other. Success!

2 comments:

Discoknits said...

That is awesome Jo - what good taste Piper has. Give her a sliver of salmon next time too and you'll have another ally :0)

Zonda said...

Hehe.. what a good girl! Hey, that last picture "hey Mom, really...do you have to take my picture while I eat ;)