Sunday, December 04, 2011

Finished Object: Simple Yet Effective Cowl

I've managed to finish up a few small projects recently - but hadn't had a chance to take pictures of them (and some of them are intended as Christmas presents, so you won't see them until Christmas!) until today.

Here is Willow modeling my Simple Yet Effective Cowl:

PC041947

Which easily transforms into a ponytail hat:

PC041948

The Particulars:

Pattern: Simple Yet Effective Cowl
Yarn: Lion Brand Amazing (lost tag with colour/lot number) - less than 1 skein
Needles: Size 5 bamboo circulars (16")
Would I knit this pattern again? Absolutely - it's very easy, and after the first few rounds I didn't even worry about toting around the pattern anymore. And while I am pleased with how the stripes worked up, I wouldn't use this yarn again for this project. The cowl itself is a little stiff (although it did benefit from a trip through the washer and dryer).

And can I say I love the top picture of Willow? We got around her natural squinty/eyes closed propensity with the sunglasses, but I have to say I am a little disconcerted at how grown up she looks. It is even more startling when I look at my Ravelry projects page and see the progression of Willow from about age 3 until now. Where has the time gone?

5 comments:

Discoknits said...

Ooh, LOVE this cowl, and so appropriately named.
Time marches on and our little ones become big ones :0( They are cute in different ways now though ;0)

Kaye said...

When I saw the thumbnail on FB I thought Willow was some mystery woman you had model...ha ha!

dogquilter said...

Oh how cute! Love that it can be a ponytail hat too!

Zonda said...

She looks like a movie star! :) Versatile cowl!

freshisle said...

Lovely cowl and beautiful Willow!