Saturday, May 05, 2012

MDSW 2012 Recap

This is one of my favourite weekends of the year. I get to spend 4+ hours in a car, get filthy, eat lots of bad-for-me-food, and have so much fun with my friends. And I haven't even mentioned the yarn yet!

We saw alpacas:

P5052260

I swear I was just trying to get a profile shot of this guy, when he swung his head around and faced me at the last minute.  He had a beautiful, glossy auburn coat.

Some teeny teeny goats.  There is nothing here to really give you scale, but none of them were higher than my knees.

P5052261

An even tinier bunny.  Again, I suck for a reference size, but this bunny was about the size of a small cantaloupe melon.

P5052264


I was able to meet up with some of my friends in my due date group o Ravelry, including Julie (in the orange dress) and Sam (wearing her adorable son).  In the background are Nancy and Cyd, two more people I know from Ravelry groups.  I also was able to meet my friend Pam and meet the beauteous Zoe a little bit later in the afternoon.

P5052265

I had to take a picture of this sheep - because either he was keeping his eyes shut to ignore the indignity of getting shorn in public, or he was fast asleep.

P5052267

So, what did I buy?  As always, I'm surprised by what I didn't buy.  There are so many soft and beautiful and colourful things.  I get home, open up my tote bag and wonder how on earth I only came home with this small amount.

I picked up this Merino/Corriedale fiber - it's only 1.5oz, so it won't make a whole lot, but I loved the colours.

P5052268

Verdant Gryphon Traveller:

P5052269

Creatively Dyed Voodoo in Zombie:

P5052270

Creatively Dyed Voodoo in Spirit:

P5052271

Woolgathering Superfine Merino (4oz):

P5052273

Handcrafted soaps - the belize one is primarily lemon with some spices added in:

P5052275

When I got home, Piper promptly decided to try and eat this lemony treat (see the bite marks in the soap):

P5052276

Adfter meeting all of my friends' beautiful children - Julie, Pam, Cyd, and Sam's daughters and Natalie and Sam's sons - I realized I missed my girls so much.  Not enough to want to bring them to MDSW next year - but enough to smother them with hugs and kisses when I saw them again.

Piper - who literally jumped for joy when she saw me come home:

P5052274

And my beautiful Willow, getting ready for a birthday party:

P5052277

(Yeah, I know - I have trouble coming here!)

Thank you to Michelle, Kathy, Julie, Kristin, and Patti for making the trip down this year.  This trip is truly one of the highlights of my year.  Andrew - thank you for taking care of both girls all day so I could spend the day with my friends.

5 comments:

tara said...

I love that pink and green. Beautiful

Suzanne said...

Thanks for an MSWF recap! I miss going, but I live in New Orleans now so it's a bit far.

I really love that first batt. Good buy!

Kaye said...

Sounds like fun as always!!

turtlegirl76 said...

You didn't buy kettle corn this year?

I'm so sad I couldn't go. *sniff*

Natalie said...

It was nice to meet you! Your girls are adorable =)