Saturday, January 19, 2013

Book Review: Hex and The Single Witch

Hex and the Single Witch (Vehicle City Vampires #1)Hex and the Single Witch by Roxanne Rhoads
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I wish there was a way for me to give this book 3.5 stars, as right now I am wavering between a 4 for story and 3 for writing. As much as I enjoyed the story - and it was a fun story with witches, vampires, fae, and the start of an interesting back story of a 'Others' war that happened when the heroine was a child - I had serious issues with grammatical errors and loose writing. After a few times of coming across such things as 'shear' for 'sheer', 'taught' for 'taut', 'full proof' for 'fool proof,' I started to get twitchy. I'm going to continue reading this series (Mike, oh my!), and I really hope that Ms. Rhoads improves her writing style.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

Mom said...

you wanna-be school teacher!!!!
Love & Hugs

Mel said...

I have come across similar errors a LOT in books I've read recently. At first I wondered if it was some kind of issue with transferring them to a digital format since I've read exclusively in Kindle for over 2 years but I sadly I don't think that is the case. I also hate missing words which is another problem I see also. Where are the editors???