Tuesday, January 01, 2013

My 2013 Wish List

I hate resolutions.  I've only had one year - the year I got pregnant with Willow - where I made five resolutions and kept them all.  Maybe that was it for me - I perfected it, and fate was never going to let me get that far again.  Instead, I'm creating a wish list for 2013 of all the things I hope to do or have happen in my life.

1. To become more active.  I'm feeling 40 right now, and I really shouldn't.  As part of this, I really need to work on my endurance levels.

2. To travel more, even if just locally.  We love taking day trips with the girls, but we always seem to do the same sort of things.  Let's try new places!

3.  To get back into my pre-pregnancy clothes.  That's a hard one, and ties in directly with #1.  Even though I was back down to my pre-pregnancy weight a few months after Piper was born, my body was a different shape once again, and those clothes (and some of them I really love!) are not comfortable to wear.

4. To finish craft projects!  Let me tell you, I am fantastic at starting stuff!  Finishing... um, not so much.

5. To read the books I have!  Don't get me wrong - books will still be purchased, but I think I need to reason with myself - only buy one book for every ten I read that I already own.  I also received many books as part of giveways, and to my surprise, from authors who want me to read and review their books.

6.  Ditto with the yarn.  Well, maybe that one won't be on the ten to one ratio, but I could knit from my stash and not buy anything new all year.  I didn't say that was going to happen... The problem is that I always come up with new patterns that I don't have enough of a single kind of yarn for.

7.  To not yell at my kids so much.  I'm bad about this - I have a short fuse about so many things.

8.  To clean out large chunks of the basement - it's ridiculous how much stuff we have down there.

9.  To follow through with my garden and not let the weeds get the better of me.

10. To paint the rooms in our house - we still haven't done this and we have been in this house for nearly 6 years!

2 comments:

mom said...

you are so-o-o-o like me in so many ways!!!!
Love & Hugs

kemtee said...

Wow. I could have written this list.

Okay, not the book part. I've read pretty much everything I own.

But everything else, yeah. I won't write a list for myself. I'll just check off yours!