Thursday, July 07, 2005

Current and Finished Projects


Current projects Posted by Picasa

Okay, I wish I could say the sweater was the finished object, but obviously since there are only unconnected sleeves and part of a torso, it is the book I have finished. Janet Evanovich's Eleven On Top was an amusing read... I only have one beef... it is a device of Evanovich's to switch Stephanie's romantic interest back and forth between Morelli and Ranger and my preference is for the character not on the receiving end of the affection this time. I won't give it away! I started on Nora Roberts' Black Rose on CD at work and it is interesting enough so far. I love all the Southern accents in this audiobook.

Now onto a more serious matter - London. My husband takes a train every day to work and I was worried today. The first thing I see this morning on Yahoo news is the coverage of the bombings and it sort of set the tone for the entire day. People at work were very pensive - we are close enough to NYC that people here had friends and family members involved in the twin towers and the subsequent clean up and I think everyone was worried it was going to happen all over again. I had to wait until I got to work to see the video of the aftermath because I didn't want Willow subjected to the sights. It's horrible - how can these perpetrators be so uncaring and callous about these people's lives and families and all the repercussions that will be inflicted on the victims' loved ones?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gram was quite upset about the bombings also.
Only 15 days to go!