Stolen from CBear's blog
1. Elaborate on your default icon:
Which one? My blogger one is an old picture of me and
Willow, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to change
2. What's your current relationship status?
Happily married for ten years.
3. Ever have a near-death experience?
Not really - but I was in a car accident in my senior year
high school with my friend Lisa. I remember closing my
eyes as we crashed, thinking "well, if we are going to die I
sure as hell am not going to watch!"
4. Name an obvious quality you have:
5. What's the name of the song that's stuck in your head
Taylor Swift's "Teardrops on my Guitar"
6. Any celeb you would marry?
I don't think I could stand the scrutiny of celebrity life.
7. Who will cut and paste this first?
Not sure - blog comments have been way down recently. I
kind of hope it is the holidays and that I haven't pissed
8. Has anyone ever said you look like a celebrity?
As I child I used to get Shirley Temple a lot - it's the
curly hair. As an adult I have been told I look like Natalie
9. Do you wear a watch?
No - I can't stand to have it bang on the keyboard. I use
my cell phone for a watch.
10. Are you pierced?
Only once in each ear.
11. Do you have any tattoos?
Nope. Figured the stretch marks were ornamentation enough.
12. Do you like pain?
I have a high tolerance for pain, but can't say I *like*
13. Do you like to shop?
Only for certain things - like books and yarn.
14. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
Mushroom soup and french bread for lunch in the cafeteria
15. What was the last thing you paid for with your credit
Books from Amazon last week. Can't say what, though - elf
16. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?
My MIL - about 5 minutes after my Mom and Dad. She was
asking about Willow's head cold.
17. What is on your desktop background?
Bah humbug. Nothing since my hard drive at work crashed
and they replaced it and I don't have access to webshots
18. What is the background on your cell phone?
A picture of winsome Willow eating french fries.
19. Do you like redheads?
Yes - especially really dark redheads.
20. Do you know any twins?
Plenty - even in my own family.
21. Do you have any weird relatives?
Yes - and they all know who they are!!!
22. What was the last movie you watched?
In the theater - Enchanted (lots of fun!). At home - the
last Die Hard movie.
23. What was the last book you read?
Creation in Death by J.D. Robb
24. Is there such a thing as love at first sight, or it is
more likely to be lust at first sight?
Lust - because I think you need to know someone to love
25. What's your favorite book?
I'm a big fan of series - and I would have to say S.M.
Stirling's Nantucket series (and its Oregon offshoots).
26. When was the last time you visited the street where you
Close to ten years ago. There had been a industrial park
down the street when I lived there, and the industrial park
has grown to encompass everything around it. No green
27. When was the last time you googled your own name?
Last week - found out there is dean of a prominent
university with the same name.
28. What was / is your favorite subject at school?
English primarily - but despite an annoying as hell
teachers, I enjoyed Chemistry a lot as well.
29. What was / is your least favorite subject at school?
PE because they made us run laps.
30. Do you like having your photograph taken?
I don't like candid shots, but I don't mind if you let me
31. What time were you born?
32. Ever seriously questioned your sanity?
Every time I think about having a second child. This one
drives me batty - surely another one will make me catatonic.
33. How many phone numbers do you have remembered and can
say off the top of your head?
Nearly every phone number I have ever had.
34. Can you Limbo?
I can get lower than waist high - does that count?
35.Have you ever killed your own dinner?
36. How long have you been living at your current
37. What phobias do you have?
Spiders and slugs
38. What's your ideal breakfast?
Vanilla latte and a two-egg omelet with fried potatoes,
onions and cheese on the inside. Served with ketchup and lots
of black pepper on top.
39. Where are you right now?
That's classified information.
40. Why do you blog?
I need the attention. Honestly - that was the first
thought that comes to mind. Also because I like the idea of
documenting at least part of my life.
41. What would you call your autobiography?
I will have to think on that a bit more.
42. What's the longest time you've stayed out of the
country / where?
Well, that's up for debate. I am Canadian, but haven't
lived in Canada since 1995. I lived in Japan for the first
three years, and then here in the US on my return from Japan.
So I guess you could say 12 years and counting.
43. Do you use ICQ, AIM, etc..?
Yahoo Messenger and virtually never unless Keith catches me
44. Do you have nightmares frequently?
Not recently, but I have 'angry' dreams a lot.
45. If you were another person, would you be friends with
Yes - I make great cookies.
46. Which TV character could you be friends with?
Chuck from 'Chuck' - and I would have a secret crush on
47. What's on your mouse pad?
I don't have a mousepad - it's just an extension off my
48. What is your ring tone?
Tchaikovsky's 'Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies'
49. What did you watch on TV last night?
Last year's Dr. Who Christmas episode - 'The Runaway Bride'
50. Scary movies or happy endings?
Happy ending all the way.