Wednesday, December 12, 2007

WiP It Wednesday

Look! Real knitting! A whole one and a third socks done! I have to confess, I am loving this sock yarn. It is Blue Moon Fibers' Socks That Rock in the 'Gingerbread Dude' colourway.



A close-up - isn't it pretty?!? The yarn feels so nice, too -I definitely think this is one I will come back to and knit again. I bought it at Stitches East earlier in October.



There has been some crocheting going on around here as well - here is the baby blanket for my sister Teri's Raisin, who is due to come on the scene sometime in February. She and Carl declined to find out whether Raisin was a boy or a girl, but my hunch is pointing me toward boy, so I am knitting a cornflower blue blanket.



I figure if Raisin turns out to be Raisinette, she will just be the lucky recipient of a pretty blue blanket!

4 comments:

Zonda said...

Looking good!! I'm about to cast on my GBD too! Yours is the best one I've seen knitted up so far!

Bezzie said...

Hee hee, Raisinette..! Love those socks!

turtlegirl76 said...

Hehehehe "Raisinette" that's funny. And you're right! If it does turn out to be a girl, that blue has just enough of a purple tint to make it cool for both. =)

The socks are pretty! Nice blockers. ;)

Lauren said...

Love the holiday socks!