Tuesday, March 11, 2008

SP, I'm so sorry!

Look at this frackin' mess!



I was trying to create something really special for my last Knitty SP package to my downstream SP and I have messed up big time. SP loves purple and silk, so I hand-dyed a skein of Knitpicks merino/silk sock yarn in purples/mulberry/denim blue for her. The dyeing went nicely, but my washing machine chomped on it during the spin cycle. I spent an hour trying to untangle it and all I really accomplished was yelling at a sick Willow and naughty Lucky for trying to help. Okay, maybe the cat wasn't into helping as much as he wanted to jump on the yarn that Big Cat was jiggling. I've informed SP of the mishap and I will be hitting my LYS this weekend to get something else for her package. In the meantime, what do I do with this? Does anyone want to try untangling it? Send me an email to jochibi AT yahoo DOT com - once it dries I will send it to the first person who emails me.

What? I'm not cuddling with you. *You* yelled at me.

5 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Um. What are you doing putting hanked yarn in the washer?

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Oh no. The color is so pretty though :(

tara said...

I love a tangling challenge. Too bad cant knit. Great colors. Have you tried putting the yarn in a delicates mesh bag when drying it?

cpurl17 said...

Ugh, When bad things happen to good yarn!

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous your dye job is awesome! I'm so sorry your machine ate it :)

Is it feltable? It might be good for some needle felting fun, although with little ones around maybe pointy, barbed needles aren't the best idea :p

You're an awesome upstream :)