Sunday, May 04, 2008

MDSW Aftermath

So tired. So incredibly tired. And yet, I would wake up early tomorrow and do it all over again if I could.

My friends Denise and Kathy and I drove down to Maryland early Saturday morning to attend the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. This is the second year that we have gone, and this year we were smart and decided to spend the night down there so we could come back the next day and look around some more. There is simply too much stuff to see there in one go.

Here is a brief overview of what (and who!) I saw:

Tiny goats:

DSCN0336

Scaredy bunnies:

DSCN0337

Little alpacas:

DSCN0343

Shorn sheep (who apparently need jackets):

DSCN0339

Spotty llama:

DSCN0346

A well-dressed Cristi:

DSCN0340

A colourful Pam (love the Mollywobbles jacket!)

DSCN0341

And an elusive Bezzie:

DSCN0345

I loved meeting all of these blogging friends and I truly wished I could have spent more time with them, but I was so tired from walking around all day. And what did I buy? Well, feast your eyes on this!

Flock Bransonas sock yarn in 'Teddy':

DSCN0347

Pucker Brush Farms superwash sock yarn:

DSCN0351

Ellen's Half Pint Farm merino/tencel sock yarn:

DSCN0353

Brooks Farms Solo in baby pinks:

DSCN0352

Maple Creek Farm superwash merino/tencel sock yarn for Michelle (who couldn't come with us):

DSCN0350

The Fibre Company's Terra mill ends - I am going to make a hat from these (and they cost me $3.70 total!!)

DSCN0348

And more Fibre Company mill ends - the middle two are Savannah, the left one Babe and the right Organik - and there should be enough of each to make baby hats. I love this company's mill ends - they are only $1/ounce.

DSCN0354

And for the first time I bought some non-knitting related stuff - a great blue bucket, a purple basil plant, a basil plant that doesn't seed and grows into a topiary, a lemon squash, and a patio watermelon plant:

DSCN0355

Now I just need to get the garden plot finished. It is only about 1/3 dug...

And just so you know, I didn't forget Willow - she now is the proud owner of a Mama Llama:

DSCN0385

15 comments:

Trillian42 said...

It was so great to see you!

turtlegirl76 said...

I didn't wander into any of the animal barns! Next year, I need to see more sheep and less vendors. =P

It was so great seeing you again!

Deb said...

I came to you through Freshile Fibers!!!! My little one has the same Llama toy-except she calls it "Packa"!(we got it at a local alpaca farm)

Anonymous said...

Jo
Didnt see any red wool for dads new hat. Your friend Bezzie has just shattered all my fantasies. That bubble gum and hair curlers really had me going and now I find out shes just a normal girl
Love Dad

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Love your dad's comment about Bezzie! How fun that you got to see all our Knitty friends IRL!!

Looks like you got some GORGEOUS yarns too!! Pretty pretty!!

Bezzie said...

Nice mill ends!!!

Oh no! I've disappointed your dad!!! :-)

Lauren said...

I'm glad you have fun!

Zonda said...

Great yarns there! Glad you got to meet Bezzie too, that girl got around ;) Cute baby llama! :)

cpurl17 said...

I love seeing all your photos and fabulous bloggy friends!

tara said...

How fun. And you deserved it. It was good to see so many pictures of you. I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Aleksia was loving all the pictures of the animals... she just wanted me to ask you why you have a pen in your hand??

Beverly said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous time!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time!

Those little goats remind me of when my family raised angora goats. We'd always have bottle babies and they are SO cute!

Willow looks very excited about her llama. Perhaps a future knitter?

Georgiann said...

Wow, Jo, what a great day. thanks for sharing it, but now I'm a little jealous -- friends and fiber, what's better?

Holly said...

It sounds like everyone had a blast at MDSW! Love the pictures of your haul, and it looks like you made Willow's day with the alpaca.