Monday, July 07, 2008

Monday Meme

I'm feeling really lazy and I want to get back to reading Blood Noir, so I pilfered this meme from Monday's a Bitch:

1. What's your main means of transportation?

1998 white Sable station wagon. I really like driving my car.

2. What was your first car?

1990 white Sable station wagon. See a theme here?

3. How old were you when you got your driver's license?

For those of you who don't know me in person, this may surprise you. I was 26 when I first got my driver's license. I went from living in a town (at 16) where I didn't need a driver's license to living in a university town where I didn't need a driver's license to living in Japan where there was no way on earth I could get a driver's license. It was only when we returned to North America and were living in Colorado that I needed to get it because everything was so far away. And yes, I took driver's ed with a bunch of high school kids.

4. How many times did it take you to pass the test?

Once ;) And I had zero demerits! I'm a quick learner - even if I didn't start driving regularly until we moved to Delaware. I think my FIL was a bit disgusted with the fact that Andrew drove me everywhere and he made me drive with him until I was comfortable with it. He later said I was the best student of all the kids he taught to drive (Andrew and his three siblings).

5. Do you name your cars?

I never have, but Willow calls our car 'Rosie.'

4 comments:

Beverly said...

My mom was 25 when she got her license. Took the driving test while 8 months pregnant with me. She says she could barely get the seatbelt around her big belly.

Unknown said...

I'm always amazed when I meet someone who didn't drive as a teen. I MADE my mom take me on my 16th birthday. And if she hadn't, there would have been a rebellion! Then I had friends in college from NYC who didn't drive. It blew my mind. But I lived in Michigan, driving was a necessity!

Lee said...

My son, Trackgrease, didn’t start driving until later, either. He expressed no interest as a teen. His first job in the army was as chauffeur for a general. Two weeks later, they found out he didn’t have a license and reassigned him.

Ed said...

Driving to me will be like a punishment.

42 years on this rock and I never needed to drive, still don't want to either.

Cars are just big tax sucking machines. well they are over here in the UK, where it is £1.20 a litre for petrol(gas).

But after all this time I need to know how to drive so that I can drive the woman I love to hospital when we have our baby in Feb '09.

Two things I never thought would happen to me.

TTFN