Monday, May 24, 2010

CSA Shares.... Week I Don't Remember


















Sorry!  I missed a few weeks of showing you pictures of our CSA shares - between me going away for a few weekends and everything else - things were a little harried.

We're starting to get into the fruit!  Let's see - from L - R: kale, carrots, onions, potatoes, asparagus, lettuce, strawberries, beets, broccoli, cilantro, and more potatoes.  Last week there was mint leaves in the CSA shares and I dutifully made mojitos with it (couldn't let it got to waste!).

The strawberries lasted all of five minutes when we got home - between Andrew and Willow.  Me... well, let's say when you come from the Berry Capital of Canada and spent many summers as a teen picking berries, you start to lose your enthusiasm for them.  And picking strawberries is so much harder on your back than picking raspberries, blueberries or blackberries.  I'll take cherries over other berries any day of the week.  I can't wait until later in the summer - the farm we pick up our CSA shares at has peach trees all over its property - I love peaches, too.

3 comments:

tara said...

Really? I could pick strawberries all the time and still eat them all the time.
Not sure what else I would have done with the mint.

Krystal said...

I'd have made strawberry shortcake out of them. In fact I have strawberries, shortcake and cool whip so I know that's what I'll be doing with mine :) LOL.

That's nice though to get fresh product like that! We recently went to a farmer's market. So much good looking fresh foods, but all we came home with is honey!

mom said...

I always thought cherries were a fruit...not a berry....
Love & Hugs