Sunday, September 12, 2010

Finished Object: Panda Silk Socks

Wait a second... Silk comes from pandas!?!

Just kidding! I have been on a finished object kick here. Well, also a started item kick, but that is another matter altogether. I finished my Panda silk ankle socks late last week, and finally got around to taking some pictures of them on the weekend.

P9110812

I could have made the socks a little longer, but there is only 120 yards on a skein, and I was really worried about running out of yarn 10cm from the toe (yes, yes, I know - a good reason to learn how to knit socks from the toe up!)

The sock on the right was knit first, and I was really hoping that the cool diagonal striping would be reproduced on the left foot, but it didn't happen. The left foot decided to do its own funky little thing. No matter - I don't mind fraternal twin socks - especially now that the weather has finally started to cool off and I can show off my handknit socks in my Black Stallion clogs. BTW - I didn't pay that much - I got mine at at conference in June.

P9110816

Don't look at my swollen ankles and feet - it's not pretty when I am pregnant.

The Particulars:

Pattern: Ann Budd's Plain socks pattern
Needles: Size 3 16" Knitpicks circulars
Yarn: Crystal Palace Yarns Panda Silk DK in Jade Tones

And a Lucky shot, just for the hell of it:

P9110813

4 comments:

Krysstyllanthrox said...

Fuzzy belly! (the kitty, not yours :P)

tara said...

Cute socks. They remind me of twist ice cream cones. But blue.

Unknown said...

Good job Jo. I always enjoy seeing something someone with talent created. A cute shot of the kitty in the favorite position my puppy likes. Have a wonderful week.
Odie

Trillian42 said...

I love the way that swirled! Lovely!

Those shoes are totally cute, too!