Monday, March 26, 2012

One, Two, Three

On one of my due-date boards we have a weekly or so photo contest, each with a separate theme. The current theme is 'Favourite Outfit,' but it doesn't really specify whether it is your favourite outfit on the child, or the child's favourite outfit to wear... so I chose my favourite outfit - because I knit it for her.

So, here was my first attempt at a shot. Notice her flashing her belly and giving the camera her evil scientist look:

P3262198

And then the second shot. "Let's just hide the exact thing Mama wants to take a picture of!"

P3262199

I was running out of time - we really needed to leave for school, so this was my last shot:

P3262200

Okay, so she isn't really looking at the camera - but it is a beautiful shot of her Little Sister's dress, which now has become more of a vest for her as she has grown. Pretty soon it will be too warm to wear it and at the rate this kid is sprouting, I'm not sure it will fit come autumn - so I am going to get as much use out of it as I can! (And maybe pass it down to one of my friends who has a little girl younger than Piper... Bez? Pam? Bev?... just because I like it so much.)

7 comments:

Trillian42 said...

It's beautiful! I'd love it for Zoe, but the little stinker is growing like a weed. Not even 6 months old yet, and she's already rapidly approaching 9 month sizes. Bez or Bev might have better luck.

tara said...

What a cute little ham.

tara said...

What a cute little ham.

Discoknits said...

Aaw, Piper's not a baby anymore, look at her standing and everything! So precious.

freshisle said...

So cute! Both the dress/vest and Piper!

Kaye said...

I knit one for BB3.0 myself--love that pattern! I do love how it "grows" with the kid too!

Beverly said...

What size is it? If it's big enough (like 12 month) it would be perfect for Samantha.