Friday, March 15, 2013

Quick Book Report: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a fantastic book! Celaena Sardothien is an assassin imprisoned and enslaved in salt mines who is offered a chance of redemption if she can win a contest against some of the worst murderers, thieves, and soldiers to become the King's Assassin. A king, who massacred Celaena's own family and is responsible for her becoming an assassin to begin with. I wouldn't have expect Celaena to be such a likable character, but she was - despite everything that happened to her, she has a sense of humor and play that endears people to her, even when they don't want to. Maas' worldbuilding was wonderful - and I loved the backstory of the disappearance of magic and Celaena's own mysterious beginnings. I can't wait to read the next book in this series when it comes out.

View all my reviews

No comments: