Thursday, July 06, 2006

Yay! Knitty SP7 Package Received!

Woo-Hoo! Look what came in the mail for me today!



There are two skeins of Silk Garden (oh my!), a skein of wonderfully soft Zanziba, some Starbucks milk-chocolate covered graham cookies (my absolute favourite!), a Ghiradelli milk chocolate (she says this is a hint... I have seen Ghiradelli Square in San Francisco... am I close?), a gerber daisy corsage pin (Willow has laid claim to that!), some gorgeous smelling lavendar soap, and the butterfly stickers for Willow. When I opened the box I found that my SP had padded it with junk mail shreddings... and I have to tell you that I was half-way tempted to try and piece a page together and see if there was any pertinent information on it... The box smelled heavenly like the lavendar soap and just made my day.

Turtlegirl - I'm trying my hand at yarn pron... I don't have the best zoom feature on my camera, but there you go:



And here is Willow with her stickers. Trying to get that child to look at the camera and smile is truly a trial sometimes...



Thank you, SP!

6 comments:

Jae said...

The colors of the silk garden are gawhgeous! You have a great SP.

aija said...

What a great sp! :)

cpurl17 said...

What a wonderful treat. And your little girl is such a sweet little doll!

turtlegirl76 said...

Well, she's facing the camera and smiling - close enough. Heh.

The Silk Garden is gorgeous. I think I have a couple skeins in that colorway as well. What are your plans for it?

Not a bad job for first time pr0n - check and see if your camera has an option for macro shots (looks like a flower) or maybe an f-stop that you can focus on one thing and let the background be out of focus. Play around! If you can get a good quality shot - you can always zoom in and crop the photo in your photo editing software. It's a cheat I use on occasion ;)

Anonymous said...

You are most welcome! Glad you and Willow like the goodies!

Jo said...

Well, the chocolate is gone... and I have been culling through my patterns and magazines trying to find something appropriate for the Silk Garden :)