Nell tagged me for a meme, so here we go:
Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves.
Those tagged need to write in their blogs the 7 facts, as
well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others
and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those
you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know
that they have been tagged and to read your blog.
Yeah... I'm not doing that last part...
Here are my facts:
1. I really don't like talking on the telephone - I would rather email to communicate.
2. I love bing cherries - actually paid an exhorbitant amount for them this morning - relatively speaking. I grew up in an area where you can buy them on the side of the road for $2 for a 2 pound bag. Let's just say ACME was charging more than $1/pound.
3. I don't swear much. That doesn't mean that blue language doesn't pass through my lips - but I'm more likely to say 'bugger off' or 'bloody hell.' I blame my dad for this - who in turn had picked it up from his British parents.
4. I didn't get my driver's license until I was 26 years old, and didn't drive regularly until I was 28 - but I love to drive now. Just not on I-95 here in Delaware.
5. I like doing laundry. Or maybe I just like the process of having clean clothes.
6. I will gladly (and regularly) forgo sleep to read a good book.
7. I love to go swimming and being in the water - but hate what it does to my hair. I *can't* wash it every day or it would break apart - so in the summer I frequently smell of chlorine.
If you weren't tagged but would like to play, feel free to snag the rules and post on your blog. I figure by this point almost everyone and his/her dog has been tagged... but if you haven't, steal away.
The following azalea is my all-time favourite in my father-in-law's garden. Tonight he told me it is called a Ben Morrison azalea. I love how it has a distinct tri-colour shading to it:
Here are some other azaleas and rhododendrons I caught in bloom tonight (there are more, but I having some problems publishing them all):
And just so you don't think we are only about the azaleas and rhododendrons at Casa In-Law, here is a picture of one of the clematis vines blooming on the dog run fence:
Remember you can click on any of these flower pic to see the full-size version!
Now, is the title of this blog post confusing you yet? Yesterday I accompanied my daughter on her class' field trip to the Philadelphia Zoo. Yes, you have every reason to question my sanity here. The thing is that Willow is very familiar with the zoo and will run around from exhibit to exhibit because she knows where all of her favourite animals are - and I just didn't trust her in the care of another adult. Notice my wording... not that I wouldn't trust another adult - I don't trust Willow! There must have been other parents who felt the same way, because there was about one adult for every 1.5 children. In any case, I was mentally exhausted after walking around the zoo for 5 hours with two four year olds - and Willow was not listening, pouting when I would lift up the other girl first to see exhibits, trying to climb up on all the exhibit fences... I was so happy to truss her up in her school bus harness and walk to the back of the bus and bury my head in a book. I didn't care if the bus driver was going a zillion miles an hour on 1-95 with no discernible shock absorbers... I NEEDED A BREAK!
Anyway, here is a picture of the two girls before they drove me batty: