Thursday, July 19, 2007

Eight Things... about Willow!

I received this meme from Jen and since I have received something like this in the recent past, I am going to change it up a little. Instead of me, I'm going to tell you eight things about Willow.

And I'm not going to tag anyone... if you feel so inclined to write up one of these, go for it!

Eight Things About Willow

1. She hates fresh tomatoes, but loves tomato soup, spaghetti sauce, ketchup... practically anything else you can think of that is made from cooked tomatoes.

2. Her grandfather has been teaching her long words that describe her: obstinate, procrastination, cantankerous, etc. She is good at this - she can even give you synonyms for these words now!

3. She can read easy readers and hasn't even started kindergarten yet.

4. She and her friend Soren are always playing duos - Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia, Harry and Hermione, Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth Swann... and despite the fact she tells me she is going to marry Soren someday, they never seem to pick marriageable pairs! I had to inform her that Luke and Leia were brother and sister, which confounded her to no end. Andrew said I was spoiling the story and we would let her find out the rest of the family tree on her own.

5. The kid swims like a fish. Three cheers for the Y!

6. She has a penchant for expensive foods: prime rib, steak, lobster, shrimp, etc. We had barbequed steak last weekend and she ate more steak than anyone else (mind you, over three days, but still!)

7. She loves her baby dolls, and after watching Toy Story 2 she is worried about outgrowing them. With tears in her eyes, she made me promise that I wouldn't ever let her throw her baby dolls away.

8. She routinely tells her teachers that I am pregnant (I'm not!), to the point that every couple of months one of the teachers pulls me aside and surreptitiously asks, "Are you having a baby...?" She wants to be a big sister in the worst way.


***************************************

The trip to Victoria was a mixed bag - the rain wouldn't let up and Willow complained about walking outside (despite the fact that she was the only one with an umbrella!) We did get to Beehive Wool Shop where I bought some stuff for my SP9, some Patons Deco in rose garden to make a baby sweater for my sister (she isn't finding out if she is having a boy or a girl so I am making random outfits in different colours), some Aero needles, a set of Pony Pearl dpns in size 2, and Patons Astra to make a baby helmet from an old (perhaps 1960s) Patons pamphlet. They had Fleece Artist stuff there, too and it felt soooooooo nice. A little expensive for my means (damn exchange rate!), but is sure was soft and in pretty colours.

3 comments:

Bezzie said...

#7 made me go AWWWW! Too sweet!

Batty said...

4 really cracks me up, and I can absolutely relate to 8. When I was 6, somebody told me that when you put sugar on the window sill, you get a baby brother or a baby sister. I poured an entire bag of the stuff on our window sill and told my mother I wanted a little sister. And guess what? It worked!

cpurl17 said...

Willow is a doll and a pretty smart one at that!

#8 cracked me up.