Wednesday, January 16, 2008

*Canadian* SP Goodies and WiP It Wednesday

Oh, Knitty SP - you made my heart go pitter-patter... and it wasn't just at the level of caffeine in this box!



Tim Hortons coffee! And it is even coarse ground so we can use it in our french press. Coffee Crisps! (My all-time favourite chocolate bar and it is scarce in the USA) Licorice Allsorts! My husband won't kiss me when I eat them but I love them so! And *real* Smarties (analogous to M&Ms but so much better). For some reason here in the US they think Smarties are powdered sugar tablets. Yech. Thank you so much! I think I am going to watch 'The Tudors' tonight and get all sugared up...

And now - a real-live WiP. I know I haven't posted a WiP in a while, but I had a good reason. Okay, so maybe it was a lame reason, but none of the things I was working on was anywhere near a recognizable state. Here is a pic of the spiral baby blanket I am working on for my friend Asami:




I know it kind of looks like a tam right now - but trust me - it will be a big round baby blanket when I am done. I am up to 350 stitches now... and am only about a third done. I foresee the eventual binding off taking a few hours in itself...

9 comments:

tara said...

Lucky you. I will be thinking of the Coffee Crisps all night. I dont think I have ever seen a sprial blanket. Cant wait to see the finished product.

Bezzie said...

Love that yarn!

I think they sold those Coffee Crisps in AK. I guess we're close enough to Canada though...

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Yummy SP treats there!! Lucky you!

Zonda said...

That blanket is going to be lovely!! Yeah..don't envy you the bind off at all! Great little SP package there too! :)

Unknown said...

Great package! You lucky girl!

Georgiann said...

When I posted a picture of our cat, Lucky, on my blog, someone wisely said that all rescued cats should be names Lucky.
It was good to catch up on your blog -- cats, pigs, chocolate, books -- you lead an interesting life, girl.

Lauren said...

The blanket is really pretty! At first I thought it was a tam, not sure why. It made a pretty tam too. ;)

Holly said...

Yummy goodies! That blanket is going to be gorgeous - what yarn are you using?

Jo said...

Holly - the yarn is Softee Baby - I picked it up at Michael's. It's a very soft baby yarn.