Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Grilled Cheese Love

I Love Grilled Cheese

I have to say, I make a damn fine grilled cheese sandwich. There are a couple tricks to it, but all in all, it is a simple and delicious thing. I make my grilled cheese in my George Forman grill - it cleans up easily, cooks fast, leaves neat grill marks. However, the squishy nature of the George Forman grill requires bread that can stand up to the pressure - so the best bread for my grilled cheese is slightly stale french bread. Cut slices on the diagonal about 1" thick, spread butter on the outsides of the bread, and layer cheese in the middle. Place the sandwich in the heated George Forman and grill until toasty brown and the cheese has started to melt on the outside. The buttered bread is all crisp and the cheese is hot enough that you have to eat it slowly - and savour it despite wanting to eat it all in five seconds flat.

5 comments:

Trillian42 said...

To me, the best food in the world - the thing I'd rather eat than any fancy-schmancy anything - is a perfect grilled cheese. And that, right there? Looks like a perfect grilled cheese.

Bezzie said...

Ha ha! That's ALL we use our George Foreman Grill for. It was a gift and such a useless appliance for anything else but a kick ass GC sandwich! Yum!

Shan said...

Oh man...it's ten minutes to nine in the morning...I'm going to make one NOW.

Discoknits said...

Man oh man, does that look good.

Zonda said...

gulp...drooling now!! Yum!