Saturday, December 22, 2012

Finished Object: Super Secret Honey Cowl

I can finally reveal the supre secret Christmas present I was working on - because it is now in the recipient's hands! Or, around her neck as the case may be. My friend, Cindy, is moving away to colder climes, and I am going to miss her immensely. She has been a huge source of knowledge at work, and I am really afraid of floundering when she leaves in the new year. I hope this soft and warm cowl keeps her comfortable in her new surroundings.

Cindy in her Honey Cowl

Cindy wearing her cowl in The Corner Bistro.

DSCN0289

Close up of the drape of the cowl. I may hate blocking things, but it is undeniable what it can do for knitted items.

DSCN0290

Close up of the pattern.

The Particulars:

Pattern: Honey Cowl by Madelinetosh (Rav link)

Needles: Size 8 Aero circulars - 32"

Yarn: Malabrigo Silky Merino in Green Grey - 2 skeins

Would I knit this pattern again? Absolutely - it is a simple pattern and I really love the results. There was not much variegation to this particular Malabrigo color, but I would love to try this again in a color with more changes.

No comments: