Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Quickie Book Review: For Darkness Shows The Stars

For Darkness Shows the StarsFor Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this book. For Darkness Shows the Stars is based on my favorite Jane Austen novel, Persuasion, so I knew that I would be interested in the story, even if just for comparison's sake - but 40 pages into the book I was crying, just like I had with the original book. Peterfreund's setting, world, and history-building intrigued me, and I really wish maps had been included so we could find out where this post-ERV civilization lives. My heart hurt for Elliott in this book, and I think it is a credit to Peterfreund how much I wanted to pull Elliott and Kai together so they could just talk about what happened when they were younger and see how much they mean to one another. I know Persuasion doesn't have a sequel - but part of my wishes this story could continue the Cloud Fleet's adventures and see what remains of the world.

View all my reviews

No comments: