Sunday, June 12, 2005

Après le piscine

Okay... I think I got it right. It's supposed to say, "After the Pool." We finally received our pool memberships this past week and so have been spending a lot of time in the water... which is a good thing since it has been a stinky 85'F+ for the last week or so.

Not much to report - I'm still working on Willow's poncho - I would say it is about 70% finished. I noticed this morning that I had made a mistake on it and I was so mad and didn't want to rip it back. But, when I worked around to that place again, I figured out how to fix it (I had increased where I shouldn't have) without ripping it! Whew! My mood greatly improved after that. I bought a child's sweater pattern - it is almost bolero-like - at Garden of Yarn this afternoon. I didn't buy the DK yarn it called for because I figure I have enough of that around here. I know for certain I have some lime green cotton stashed away in the closet. I know I said I would work on something for myself but it is too hot right now to knit something adult sized. I now have the pattern for the Celtic Knot sweater - so maybe I will start on that when the weather gets cooler.

On the book front, this week I finished Robin Schone's Awaken my Love (time travel romance), Karin Kallmaker's One Degree of Separation (lesbian romance), Ann Brashares' Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (coming of age tale), and I'm in the process of listening to Nora Roberts' Northern Lights (murder mystery/romance) on CD at work. I picked up about 5 novels and a few more audiobooks from the yesterday and will be digging into them soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't been reading at all, unless you count blogs and boards. LOL

trini