Sunday, June 26, 2005

Scant Knitting Content

Why is it that I always seem get off work on Friday and then I turn around and it is 4:30pm Sunday afternoon? Oh well - at least I was able to sleep this weekend. Andrew said he came into the bedroom at 8:30pm last night and I was fast asleep with the lights on and my book on my chest.

The book... I finished L.A. Banks' Minion - a vampire hunter story. This time the vampire hunter is a young black woman named Damali (cool name). This is the first book in a series, and interesting enough for me to read the subsequent books. The only complaint I have encompasses not only this book, but other vampire mysteries or romances I have read - the entire book spans only about 3 days. Three days does not character development make.

What else have I read? Joanne Rock's Wild and Wicked - Harlequin Blaze romance. It was okay - unfortunately, the romance of the secondary characters in the book was more interesting than the main story!

I think I should start recording all the books I read to Willow in here - that would be another 20 or so books in a week! We have a hilarious book out of the library right now called Knuffle Bunny by Mo Collins. The art within is neat, too - cartoons drawn on top of black and white photos of New York City. We also read "O is for Orca" (Pacific Northwest alphabet book) - I am trying to get her excited about going west later.

And to close with minute knitting content... I bought yarn to make Andrew a sweater, but am doubting my choice as to get gauge I had to move up from the size 7 needles recommended to a 10.5 - and even that was a bit of a stretch. I know you should be able to use any yarn as long as you get the correct gauge, but I am worried that the sweater will be all loosy-goosy if I have to go up so many needle sizes. Can anyone assure me that this won't happen? I have tight tension to begin with, so maybe this has a bit to do with it. Help??!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

like mom - opposite daughter?? I have to go down about 2-3 sizes to get the right tension
W isn't excited yet? only one month til you arrive!!!!!!!