Monday, October 10, 2005

The Baby is having a baby!



See that baby on the left? That is my baby sister Jaime (see my previous post about my disbelief that she just turned 30...). Well, said sibling called me up this afternoon and informed me that I will become an Auntie again next June! Andrew points out that this will be the first time I will be an Auntie on my side of the family. I have 4 nieces and 1 nephew on Andrew's side. I am so happy about this - as much as I would love to be pregnant right along side her, I'm kind of glad that the pressure would be off me for awhile. You may ask where the middle sister - Teri - is in this picture. Well, Teri had a big time phobia of men with facial hair and there are a couple on-Santa's-lap pictures where Teri is absent...

Anyway, here are the parents-to-be:



Like Willow, Jaime and Chris' future child will have a good chance of being taller than Jaime by the time he/she is 10 years old... Chris is about 6'5" to Jaime's (maybe) 5'1".

Interestingly enough, Willow was very upset when I told her that her Auntie Jaime was going to have a baby and that she would have a new cousin. It blew me away - once she stopped crying and I calmed her down, I asked her why she was upset - she said Jaime couldn't have a baby because she wasn't a Mommy - that Auntie Jaime was an Auntie and babies had to be born to Mommies. She didn't quite get the fact that one doesn't become a Mommy until the baby comes along...

No comments: