Friday, October 07, 2005

Happy Birthday Jaime and Assorted Knitting-in-Progress















Happy Birthday Jaime!

It was Jaime's (gasp!) 30th birthday on Monday, and being the bad, out-of-touch sister I am, didn't call her or even email her. I think I am still in denial that my baby sister has turned 30. Jaime, I hope you had a wonderful birthday - and I am interested to see what this new tattoo looks like! This was picture was taken in August when we were all at my parents' house on Vancouver Island.

Knitting Miscellany

I'm sort of in that in-between project stage again. Here are some grainy snaps of what I have in progress. I say grainy because I still have not been able to master my new camera... it doesn't want me to use flash for close up pictures.

Project #1














This is a top-down raglan sweater that I am knitting for Willow. I have never tried a top-down pattern before, so this is a learning experience. I am almost at the point where I will be dividing for the sleeves. This is a monster Red Heart skein (red-orange-yellow-magenta colourway) I bought in Canada during my holidays.

Project #2 (Tara - don't look!)












This is a crocheted baby blanket intended for my friend Tara, who will be having her third girl sometime in mid-November. She is actually due on my birthday, so we will see if that happens :)

Project #3 (Asami - don't look!)














This is a knitted baby blanket for my friend Asami, who is pregnant with her first child and is due the first week of December. I thought I had lots of time to finish this, but as it turns out, her baby shower is going to be the day before my birthday... so I need to get cracking!

To make matters horrifically worse, I have just not been in the mood to knit or crochet lately... maybe it has to do with the change in seasons, but all I want to do is read... And lately, just trashy romance novels!

No comments: