Monday, October 09, 2006

My New Stylist

I apologize for my absence - I was laid low was something last week. It was ironic - I had my normal check up at my internist on Wednesday and he mentioned they had received their shipment of flu shots that morning and would I like one? I declined as we get flu shots free at work. And wouldn't you know it, the very next day I start feeling like utter crap. Temperature flucuations - fever - shivers - sinus headache - sudden exhaustion - I was a wreck. Someone did try and cheer me up, however - Willow decided she would make me feel better by making me look pretty:



What would I do without her?

Yes - I am crocheting in this picture. No - I am not trading sides. I learned how to crochet long before I took up knitting but I much prefer knitting. I have this striped afghan on my sofa that has been sitting untouched since we moved into this apartment and until a few days ago it was only Willow-sized. I needed a break from my Christmas projects, so I added about 8 inches to the striped afghan. Come to think of it, the afghan is my oldest UFO, not the lacework from the last post!

And lest I forget, here is a pic of my last Project Colorswap package, from Juli :



Inside were 3 skeins of Lion Brand Jiffy in a pinky-creamsicle colour, 2 skeins of kitchen cotton, a package of Mary Engelbreit stationery, strawberry lifesaver candies, and the latest issue of "Knit Simple." Thanks, Juli - I have a subscription to this magazine, but I will pass on this copy to my Mom!

1 comment:

Charity said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well! I always enjoy the special kiddie attention, though :0)