Christmas Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends
Welcome to the 2006 Christmas Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends! You know the drill. Highlight, copy, and paste (not forward) and change my answers to your answers. Enjoy!! Everyone has time for a few moments of fun! Don't be a scrooge!!!Come on!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog, for certain! I just wish it wasn't a gazillion calories and a billion grams a fat for two tablespoons. For that reason I really have to limit myself to a little on Christmas Day.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped, of course - although my family has got more in the habit of using cloth re-usable Christmas bags. My MIL has been turned onto this as well.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?We are still in an apartment, so we don't have any lights up. Or a tree for that matter - no, we aren't scrooges - but there just isn't space for one. I say coloured lights on both if we had the opportunity.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Not since junior high school.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually about two weeks before Christmas.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Pudahha - since I don't make it myself the only time I really get it is when I visit my Mom and Dad.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: My family goes all out with Christmas stockings - not that we are getting huge amounts of things, but there is a 'neato!' factor to it all. I still love opening up my Christmas stocking.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I'm afraid Lisa McAdie spoiled it for me when I was about 7 or 8 years old.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Not usually.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? I've never really decorated my own tree. My parents sent me a small artificial tree when Andrew and I lived in Japan and we had some small ornaments for it (I left it in Japan for my school when we moved back here). I'm not a fan of cheesy ornaments (like most of the ones you see in card stores) and I have a few nices ones I have packed away over the years - I really hope that someday my Christmas ornaments will have stories around them.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it - especially if I don't have to go anywhere when it is happening!
12. Can you ice skate? Hmm. I can go about 5 feet before I fall on my behind. Does that count? I'm going to take Willow for the first time this winter - I foresee her skating circles around me in 10 seconds flat.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Not really. I remember receiving these 18" Barbie dolls - but I was past Kindergarten at that point.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with family.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pumpkin Pie
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Playing Christmas music and wrapping presents
17. What tops your tree? Angel
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving, of course. I love putting presents together for people.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? "Momma Mary" by Roger Whittaker
20. Candy Canes... Yuck or Yum? You know, normally I love minty stuff, but I have to say Yuck.