Wednesday, August 22, 2007

WiP It Wednesday

Wait a second...



That's a finished object! I finished sewing on the rosy-pink buttons last night and I am so proud to say that I finished Willow's school cardigan *five* whole days before she started school!

The Particulars:

Yarn: 2.5 skeins of Forest Green Lion Brand Wool-Ease
Size: 6
Pattern: Child's Top-Down cardigan by Mary Rich Godwin I" wasn't a fan of the pattern, but to each his own)
Needles: Size 8 Knitpicks Options Circulars and Susan Bates DPNs
Duration: About three weeks.

And this was the picture after we took the cardigan shots...



Mommy does not have patience with kids who can't stand still for 10 seconds... She got over it - this interlude lasted a nano-second. Child, thy name is mercurial.

And for another exercise in frustration, the ball of yarn I unwound last night:



Yeah, the one that Had 7 friggin' knots in it! It is one of those 615 yard behemoths from JoAnn's - I was going to start a baby afghan for my sister but scrapped that idea when I started coming away with multiple balls. I am glad I decided to re-wind this instead of just knitting from the middle.

8 comments:

Trillian42 said...

The sweater looks great! Really, really cute!

And am I mistaken, or are those TWO pictures of Willow where she has avoided the Earl Hickey Curse? :)

Zonda said...

Nice job on the sweater! Love the buttons! Grrr bummer on the yarn too!!

Anonymous said...

Willow looks cute in her sweater.

Bezzie said...

For the problems that pattern gave you--it turned out great!!

Unknown said...

Great sweater! Willow cracks me up. She's definitely a saucy girl!

Batty said...

Cute cardi! And how someone manages to look adorable while throwing a mini-tantrum is beyond me, but she certainly did.

turtlegirl76 said...

I was just gonna say the same thing as Pam! No Earl Hickey eyes! Yay Willow! The cardigan looks great. I like the detail of the rolled edges. The green is a great color on her.

GURO said...

Sweet! The girl is a cutie and the cardi is very pretty!