Once again, please forgive the craptastic photography...
I received my blog prize from Nell yesterday, and it was smelly... in the most wonderful way:
In addition to the two skeins of light turquoise Lorna Lace's sock yarn (how on Earth did she know this is one of my favourite colours?!), she enclosed one of her handmade soaps - in lemon verbena. I honestly don't know if I have received a better smelling package ever. I can't wait until I use up the soap currently in the bath so I can start using this one. Thank you, Nell!
Whilst surfing blogs this afternoon, I came across a set of interview questions on Lynnea's blog. She invited people to respond and she would send them interview questions in return - so here we go:
1. What one thing would you never buy at a discount store, no matter how great the bargain?
Other people's underwear (squick!)
2. If you could go back and change one decision in your past, what would it be?
Ooh... that's a heady question. I like to think I live a life of no regrets, but the truth is that there are things I wish I could change. I wish I had been able to say a proper good-bye to my Grandma. She died around this time 7 years ago. She had lung cancer and it had metastasized in her brain and was becoming less and less lucid. We knew things weren't good, so I flew up from Colorado (where we lived at the time) so I could spend some time with her. The first thing she did when she saw me? Accuse me of stealing the suitcase I was carrying from her. It went downhill from there. When it was time for me to fly back home she locked herself in her room and wouldn't come out to say goodbye to me. This makes me cry even now because I didn't fight for this and I let it go and she died a few weeks later.
3. What one talent do you wish you had?
I wish I had the talent to commandeer people's radio in their cars. That way when I have an idiot driving around me, I can break into their (surely crappy) radio station and say things like, "Dude! Seriously - ever hear of a turn signal?!?!" or "Pick a fu^%*&%ing lane and stay in it!"
4. If you could have lunch with one person in the world, who would it be?
Right now, my friend Tara because she is going through a tough time right now and all I want to do is give her a hug.
5. What one thing would you make illegal if you had that power?
Smoking. Plain and simple. I hate it and hate having anyone do it around me.
Want to play? Here's the scoop:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me." (and give me your email address if you can to make this easier on me!)
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
Can't wait to see your answers!!!