Monday, February 19, 2007

February's Significant Object (Don't Look, Lisa!)

Yeah... Totoro wanted to get in on the action...

Here is February's Significant Finished Object (Not a Hat!) © :



This is a baby blanket I crocheted for my friend Lisa, who will be having a little boy in May. The whole blanket is crocheted in moss stitch out of Plymouth Encore. I used 6 skeins altogether, and had about 2 - 3 yards leftover for Willow to play with. The striping was created completely by the yarn with no effort on my part (just the way I like it!) I will be putting it in the mail this week, Lisa (you didn't look, did you?!!?)

Here's a close up of the blanket and the lovely cake of sock yarn that came in the mail today from Jen from 144 Inches of I-Cord for confessing I had it bad for John Taylor from Duran Duran and Jason Patric when I was a teenager:



Totoro just couldn't leave the sock yarn alone! It is Opal Sock Yarn and the colour is called "Happy Knitting!" - How apropos!

Tomorrow is Mardi Gras / Fat Tuesday / Pancake Tuesday, so I know what we will be having for dinner. Lent starts the next day, and some of you might remember what I did last year for Lent. I loved doing that, and wanted to think of something similar for this year - but the truth of it is with moving and all I know I won't have the time to dedicate to that sort of resolution. So, I am going to learn a word a day instead. My degree is in linguistics and I love etymology so this isn't really any hardship.

Edited to add: Woo-hoo! I forgot to say this qualifies as a Project Spectrum Finished Object! Yay me!

6 comments:

tara said...

Has it really been a year since last year's Lent Blog? That was great reading.

Zonda said...

That is a beautiful blanket! Excellent work there! Nice sock yarn too! Totoro is cute :)

Jo said...

Thank you, Thank you :) We bought Totoro for Willow after she became enamoured with the creature after watching "Tonari No Totoro" (in Japanese, of course!)

PURLPOWER said...

You never heard of Banoffee pie? I thought it was an American thing?! It's a biscuit based pie with toffee, bananas and cream on it. I lurve it. If you google it I bet you find a tonne of recipes for it. If you have a sweet tooth (as I do) it is particularly delicious.

Batty said...

Wow. Must crochet! That is one pretty blanket.

Anonymous said...

I never looked!!! My eyes are closed :)

You are so sweet and thoughtful....
Thanks,