Wednesday, February 28, 2007

We Are Homeowners! Yay Us!

The house is all ours! We had settlement this afternoon, and after signing my name a gazillion and a half times, we were handed the keys to our first home. Now comes the monster rounds of packing and moving... not my favourite things to do, but I can't wait to be in the new place!

Those of you with young children will be surprised that I didn't know the meaning of this word until today:

************************************
Word of the Day 7:

otitis media n.
Inflammation of the middle ear, occurring commonly in children as a result of infection and often causing pain and temporary hearing loss.

[New Latin : otitis + Latin media, feminine of medius, middle.]

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

************************************

Willow has been a bit snotty for a few days now, and after I left for work this morning Willow complained to Andrew that her ear hurt. This was the first I had heard of it - so he gave her a decongestant and some Motrin. Flash forward a few hours, and we are in the law offices waiting to sign our names to a zillion documents and my cell phone rings. It is Willow's teacher saying Willow is crying and saying her ears hurt whenever she moves. My in-laws thankfully went to pick her up and my father-in-law diagnosed her with a mild ear infection. Willow certainly didn't think it was mild!

But as I mentioned above, I didn't know what this word was until today. Willow is nearly 5 years old and this is her first experience with an ear infection. Um, lucky me?

***********************************

I've decided to host a contest concerning all these new blogs that I have been viewing each day - I haven't ironed out all the details yet, but I will let you know when I do. Suffice to say, those of you new people who have found me because I have visited your blog, it may be worth your while to check in periodically. I have finished 60 of my planned 100 blog visits...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your "first" real home. What an exciting time for you. Have fun decorating and organizing. :)

Anonymous said...

A first home is sooo exciting!!
Knock on wood, at age 7 we still haven't gone through the ear infection horror.
Poor Willow, hope she feels better soon.
(No link because I am blog-less so far.)

Sarah said...

Congrats on your first house!

I loved that feeling!

And yep, it's signing your name more times than you EVER thought possible!

SuzannaBanana said...

Congratulations, new homeowner! Owning a home is fun. There's nothing like that first time you realize that you can paint any room exactly the color you want. And then you get to paint it again because you had no idea that the medium blue paint would end up looking like Play-Doh on your walls.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you Joey! I can't wait to come and check out your new digs in October. Make sure there's a bed available for me!