Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Soundtrack of my Life

I found this over at Trillian's blog and thought this was something I could run with:

Directions: If your life was a movie, what would the soundtrack be?

1. Open your mp3 library
2. Put it on shuffle.
3. Press Play.
4. For every question, type the song that's playing.
5. When you go to a new question, press the Next button.
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool.
7. Don't skip songs.

My Movie:

1. Opening credits: Girl Next Door – Saving Jane
2. Waking up: Funky Blues – Charlie Parker
3. First day of school: Eleanor Rigby – the Beatles
4. Fight song: Into the Fire – Sarah McLachlan
5. Breaking up: Baby – Iggy Pop
6. Happiness: Blown Away – the Pixies
7. Life's okay: Supernova – Liz Phair
8. Mental breakdown: Why Should I Love You – Kate Bush
9. Driving: Lightning Crashes - Live
10. Flashback: I’ll Do The Driving – Fountains of Wayne
11. Getting back together: How Strong Do You Think I Am – Alexz Johnson
12. Wedding song: Hooked on Polkas – Weird Al Yankovic
13. Birth of first child: I Can Hear You – They Might Be Giants
14. Final battle scene: Jimmy Neutron Theme Song – Bowling for Soup
15. Death scene: King of the Mountain – Midnight Oil
16. Funeral song: Love is a Battlefield – Pat Benatar
17. End credits: Mystify - INXS

I did have to fudge mine a little bit because we have audiobook files on our list as well, and it didn't feel quite right when Chapter Something or Other from a Shelby Foote book came up - so I just skipped it until a song came up. And I will admit that a full third of these songs were Andrew's additions to the music library and I am not familiar with them at all...

2 comments:

Batty said...

That's a fun meme! Wish I had an ipod or mp3 player...

tara said...

OK. I dont have an ipod, cell phone, or blackberry. I dont even have a microwave. What do I have? TIVO. We need a meme on whats on our season's pass.