Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Newly Acquired Stash from Stitches

I will expand this post later - it seems my host has issues at the moment and I want to make sure this gets in here. Um, yeah - it seems I was in a red mood. The only non-red thing is for my sister, Teri.

This is a beauriful red superwash merino/tencel mixture from Maple Creek Farms - it is very soft and oh-so-pretty! There is about 460 yards here.

DSCN0183_edited

Everyone knows what this is! I was so happy to see the Blue Moon booth since I had witnessed the line ups first hand at MDSW. This is Gingerbread Dude in Socks That Rock Silkie. I can't wait to see how this knits up!

DSCN0191_edited

Three skeins of Reynolds Odyssey in a wine red colour. This was a steal - I got it from the Rosie's Yarn Cellar booth and I wish I had had the foresight to get a few more skeins. I have a little over 300 yards here and I think that should be enough to get a pair of mittens and a matching hat out of them.



And for my sister Teri, Brooks Farm Four Play in black. She has a secret up her sleeve for this one ;)



I'm afraid of messing up these picks, so I will put some others in the next post...

7 comments:

Bezzie said...

I can't wait to see what that puff is on the STR.

turtlegirl76 said...

*kicks provider in butt* I want yarny details! What's what and colorway! And yeah, what Bezzie said! Damn you provider.

Jo said...

Sorry, Bezz - that is just my craptastic photography. What looks like a puffball on the end is where the yarn moves to white. It's red on one end, brown in the middle, and a creamy white on the end. I saw socks from this on someone's blog and knew I had to have it.

Zonda said...

Is that Gingerbread Dude? Pretty yarns there!! Darned provider, we wanna see more! *stomps off and pouts!!

cpurl17 said...

Stitches!! I love Stitches! Only 5 more months to Stitches WEst...

kemtee said...

Nice loot there, girlie. Looking forward to stripping the Brooks Farm booth clean at SAFF, myself.

LadyLungDoc said...

You should have plenty of the Reynold's yarn - I realize now that was the yarn I used to knit a pair of yoga socks, and I only had one skein.