Saturday, November 09, 2013

Beaucoup de Books

IMG_1108

 Look what I bought today for a grand total of $2.50!

 Books 2 - 6 of Vicki Pettersson's Signs of the Zodiac series. I already had book #1 at home, so I was quite happy to find all of these in my library's for sale section at 50 cents a piece. The spines don't even appear to be cracked, so I wonder if someone donated them unread. Looking at the covers, I am curious why the publishers went in a different direction with the covers and artwork for the last three books in the series.  The first three had very specific artwork and style, then #4 (City of Souls) has a different font, and then books #5 and #6 are different again.  Wait a second - I just realized there are 3 different publishers going on here as well - Avon, EOS, and Harper Voyager.  Perhaps that had something to do with it.

I don't frequently buy paperback or hardcover books anymore (I know my sister, Teri, is groaning out loud at this because I used to send her all of my read books).  I almost exclusively read on my Nook or Kindle - I am really not sure what it is, but I read much faster on my e-readers as well.  However, I just couldn't pass up this deal.  Happy reading!

No comments: