Friday, July 17, 2009

Every cloud has a silver lining...

Cloud with Silver lining A

...even when said cloud produces a massive thunder, lightning, and wind storm that forces you to unplug the computer and not write up the blogpost you had already downloaded pictures for...

Hmnf. Anyway, Andrew took the picture above - we were driving back from Willow's camp and saw this from an intersection - I was driving and I quickly pulled my camera out of my pocket and started yelling at Andrew to take the picture. It's a wonder the man doesn't have me committed.

Willow's daycamp was having an after-hours activity, and when we went to pick her up we found her roasting marshmallows all by herself. A first for her, I think. We do it frequently over the barbeque, but usually it is Andrew roasting them and handing them to her.

Roasting Marshmallows B

And, as you can see - sometimes it takes some time to learn the intricacies of nicely browned versus charred:

Playing With Fire

Her counsellor saved the day by smooshing the overdone marshmallow between some graham crackers and hershey bar:

Yummy Smores A

Yum!

(And you know what - chalk that up to one more thing I have never done - eaten a smore!)

7 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

YOU'VE NEVER EATEN A S'MORE? You're kidding. This is something you must rectify immediately.

Trillian42 said...

I'm a fan of the "set it on fire" method. Gets the inside nice and gooey. :D

And I'm with Cristi! You MUST eat a s'more. And soon. This is a criminal oversight!

Kaye said...

I'll let the s'more thing go since you're Canadian. Maybe they don't eat s'mores down there?

It's OK anyway since you're raising Willow right and introducing her to the way of the s'more at a young age. LOL!

Beverly said...

I'm not a big fan of marshmallow myself but you definitely need to try the smores thing - if only for the chocolate.

Zonda said...

Great cloud picture! :) S'mores are good...can't stop at just one! Looks like Willow likes them :)

kemtee said...

I can get you a recipe for s'more eggrolls if you'd like…

Teri said...

You have never eaten a s'more? Are you Canadian?? North American? Freak. We may have to remedy this over the summer....