Wednesday, July 29, 2009

WiP It Wednesday (or, Miles of Green 2 X 2 Ribbing)

Well. Prepared to be underwhelmed by my WiPs. Hope you like green. And 2 X 2 ribbing. 'Cause that's all I have on the menu today.

The Cucumber Socks:

Cucmber Socks 7.29.09

I'm at a turning point with the second sock - I am within millimetres of getting to the heel flap - then the sock goes much faster from there.

Tara's Armwarmers:

Tara's Armwarmers 7.29.09

I have knit past the thumb opening on the second armwamer - and that is the slowest part of this project, so this will be smooth sailing from here.

Olympic Vest for Stitches East:

Olympic hoodie back 7.29.09

It doesn't look like much yet, does it? Well, it will closely approximate this when finished:

Olympic hoodie 7.29.09

This will be the fourth time I have gone to Stitches East, but the first I am planning to make something to wear while there. I'm always interested to see what other people have made - hopefully this will turn out! I bought the yarn at last year's Baltimore Stitches East from the WEBS booth. I have to say I am feeling a bit competitive about this project now - my friend and Stitches cohort Michelle is also making a hoodie (a different pattern and in denim blue), and she finished the entire back to hers in one day! I really need to get my bum in gear to catch up. The 2 X 2 ribbing is really tedious - I can't wait to get started on the cables on the front.

Now do you see why I needed to knit up Willow's beret?!!

2 comments:

Bezzie said...

Oh man, I love all those greens!!!

Teri said...

I'm thinking green is your colour??!!