This picture was taken at 10:30pm last night, just as my eyes were giving out on me. I managed to finish about 3.5 inches on the back of the vest - one entire cable repeat and the start of another. On the advice of a few blogs I had read where people had already finished Veste Everest, I am doing knitting one extra cable set to make the vest a few inches longer. The colour is darker than in the picture - I'm not sure what is up with that. I started on time, but it took me nearly 40 minutes to cast on 182 stitches and then count then a bazillion times to make sure I had the right number. Four rows into it I had a minor dropped stitch problem, but seeing as it was only in the ribbing.
It's a little hard to make out the cables in this light, but they are turning out really well. Willow doesn't like the fact that I hold the cable needle in my mouth (like a thermometer) when I'm not using it on the cable row. I'm afraid that it will go missing if I put it down, though!
And this may not be an earth shattering thing, but I figured out how to convert a stitch I had purled by mistake a few rows down into a knit stitch - yay me!