Monday, February 20, 2006

Progress Days 9 and 10

I apologize for my lack up update on the weekend - there were many things going on here this weekend and what little free time I had was spent trying to finish more of Veste Everest. As you can see, by Saturday night I had finished the back, cast on for the front, and finished the 4 rows of ribbing. I made about 10 mistakes in that last line - kept on having to tink back a few stitches and fix it - so after I had finished that last row of ribbing, I knew I had to put it down and go to bed.



Progress as of Sunday night:



I was able to do two more cable repeats before I kicked my bum to bed. Andrew was threatening to roust me from bed at 5am so I was alsleep by 10pm. As it turns out, he let me sleep (thank you!) until 5:40am, so I had more sleep that I intended - always a nice thing.

Here is an example of how my daughter amuses herself while I am compteting in the Knitting Olympics:



See the Dora Princess doll? That's a giant that is laying waste to a poor innocent farm yard. Shades of Calvin and Hobbes, anyone? The little mousies are on top of the barn trying to reason with the giant. I'm still trying to figure out which one of her parents is responsible for this. Maybe it was her Uncle Doug... he did give her both Dora and the farm...

And here is a gratuitous picture of Andrew and Willow. Would you believe that out of the four pictures I tried to take, this was the best one? I love you guys to bits - but keep your eyes open when someone is trying to take a picture of you!

No comments: