Friday, November 16, 2007

Christmas is coming...

...WHEW...! Who knew you all could throw things through your monitors at me!?!?

No, I'm not talking about the stress and bad weather and horrible line ups to have pictures taken with Santa and the anxiety over gift-buying and the travel and people who have lost all sense of politeness and self-respect...

I had my first eggnog latte of the season this afternoon and it was sooo yummy. I know I can't indulge in eggnog as much as I would like - how can they fit so many calories in a half-cup of liquid?!? But, ever once in a while during this season I have an eggnog latte and I feel so happy and peaceful - regardless of whatever is going on around me.

8 comments:

Bea said...

Sounds like a good plan!

Unknown said...

Oh lovely! I'm a peppermint mocha girl myself.

Unknown said...

Yum-O!

Shan said...

Oooh, so did I!!

But guess what? The joint where I got mine (not Starbucks: a local latte shack) makes them with flavour shots instead of eggnog: I think rum, vanilla, amaretto? Something like that. Not that they don't have calories, but probably not as much as eggnog itself does. Also not as sweet.

I used to be a major eggnog nut but now I only like the homemade kind. Bring on the salmonella!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

For me its the hot mulled cider :) But I'd have to agree, I'm kind of happy that Christmas is coming!

cpurl17 said...

One of the local radio stations started playing Christmas songs and friend and I went to a craft fair so I'm in the mood now!

Lauren said...

mmmm eggnog.

I recently got some pumpkin eggnog, it was tastey.

tara said...

Wasnt it just Spring?