Thursday, March 30, 2006

Thank You, SP6!

Look what my Secret Pal sent me!



I had to wait until I could get my camera back before I could post any pictures - sorry for the delay! From leftish to right there is an adorable sheep card, fizzy bath stuff in a multitude of colours, gourmet chocolates (with flavours like Earl Grey, Ginger, and Licorice), Cadbury Flake chocolate bars, orange and lime lip gloss, _Sheep for Beginners_ (a book telling how wool is made), some lovely, delicate sock yarn made up of 4 different shades of blue, some gel eye cool packs (gee, have I mentioned how stressed I have been lately?!!?), and underneath it all, a 'best of' recipe magazine - so many yummy things to try! SP6, thank you for spoiling me!

Day 30: The moose is the largest member of the deer family.

Obviously I know a moose is a large animal, but I hadn't realized it was a part of the deer family!

And here is a picture of the three year old... I tried to get a picture of her co-hort, the dog - but Caddie's picture wouldn't post for some reason.



This kid needs a haircut in the worst way! She has only ever had one haircut her entire life - at the hands of her paternal grandmother - and that was over a year ago. There's a salon in town that caters to little kids - maybe I will see if I can get an appointment.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get that kid a haircut, she's starting to look more like her hippy grandfather everyday.

Love Dad

Anonymous said...

it's a pleasure to spoil you my dear, although I do wish I had been able to include more yarn in your last package - the stuff I ordered has just turned up so you will have it in your next package instead. Hope the bath treats and eye stuff help you to have a relaxing weekend, LOL your KnittySP6xxx

turtlegirl76 said...

I'm glad to see you're getting spoiled! You deserve it!

"Next Day" hair for me is, well, the day after I wash my hair. I've learned not to wash it everyday - as much as I'd like - so to combat the bed head and frizzies, I spray it down with water and conditioner mixed together. No secret formula, just a spray bottle with water and a nice fat squirt of conditioner in it. Makes your hair smell nice too. I really saves me on those days I just can't drag myself out of bed.

Jo said...

Cristi -

I get it now. I only wash my hair once/twice a week, so I have a lot of 'next day' days. I use VO5's Sheer hairdressing cream. Gives me once curly day, one wavy day, one straight day, then one ponytail/bun day before washing is required. This is during the work week, anyway.

Jo

Anonymous said...

Try living with my hair, just like Jo's but thick and wirey, its troll hair as my husband says!! I think Willows hair is fine, does she want to grow it Jo?Love Jaime

Jo said...

Jaime,

The problem is that it all different lengths - almost mullet-ish because it is much longer (down the middle of her back when wet) and short and wispy around her face - and her hair is fine and curly like mine. I think it needs to be bobbed at her shoulders or something like that.

Jo

turtlegirl76 said...

VO5's Sheer hairdressing cream....duly noted and on my shopping list. Sounds perfect!