Tuesday, November 01, 2011

An Extra Blogpost!

Come on, you know you are excited.  When I wrote my blogpost this morning, the 11/1 prompt had not been posted on the NABloPoMo website, and just now when I was checking on the blogroll, I noticed it was up.

What is your favourite part about writing?

The words!  Okay, I don't mean to be facetious here, but I have a degree in Linguistics for good reason.  I was one of those little kids who read dictionaries and encyclopedias for the fun of it.  I love stringing words together, creating turn of phrases - just the sheer rhythm and musicality of it all.  This runs into my love of reading as well - one of the best things about having children is being able to read aloud to them.  I defy anyone not to have have fun reading something like Skippyjon Jones aloud - Willow and I still love finding these books and reading them.

1 comment:

Mel said...

I was a nerdy bookworm kid that was always reading the dictionary and the encyclopedias too, at my grandparents house and at the library, but for me it's an information thing, I am a research junkie! This is why the web has always been so addicting for me. LOL I don't enjoy writing at all, well, not REAL writing. I like to write letters and things like that.