Tuesday, November 01, 2011

It's That Time Again - NaBloPoMo

I know my blogging has been scant and piss-poor of late. I am not sure what to say - two kids is more work than I ever thought it would be, especially when their needs are at the complete opposite ends of the spectrum. However, it is that time again - NaBloPoMo, or National Blog Posting Month, where you try to complete a blogpost every day. I can tell right now that this will be more of a struggle for me this year than in previous years, but I am game. The added incentive for me is that if I can accomplish this, I will hit 1000 blogposts by the end of the month. There may even be a prize in there somewhere if I hit 1000... In the meantime, here is a picture of Piper destroying her Kraft dinner:

DSCN0002

The kid is pretty much refusing to eat baby purees now - she wants what you are eating, period. We had salsa chicken last week - it's a crockpot dish made with chicken breasts, salsa, cream of chicken soup, taco seasoning - with a dollop of sour cream added in at the end. Not terribly spicy for an adult, but it would have a bit of a bite for a child. She was relentless - she wanted some NOW. So, I scraped off as much sauce as I could, shredded the chicken - and she had it down her gullet and was screaming for more before I had another bite in my own mouth. Do you have any idea how long it took for me to not have Willow whining every time we had something remotely spicy - she even objected to simple salt and pepper!! I'm taking no chances with this Piper - we're going to try a mild curry next week and see what happens...

2 comments:

Discoknits said...

Nothing to say babies only like bland foods. Piper is a good girl for you in the eating dept :0) Hope she likes her curry.
I'll try to join you in the blog-posting. I have a ton of quick knits I've been making and not posting about....
When I had my 2nd baby, a friend said to me, "you wonder what you used to do with all your spare time". True, or what!

Mel R said...

Brenna is 12 and still won't eat anything strongly flavored, she fussed about seasoning even as a baby. Not sure where she gets that from since both of us love our very spicy foods. Thanks for the NaBloPoMo reminder. I always mean to do this every year and never quite make it.