Tuesday, November 01, 2011

It's That Time Again - NaBloPoMo

I know my blogging has been scant and piss-poor of late. I am not sure what to say - two kids is more work than I ever thought it would be, especially when their needs are at the complete opposite ends of the spectrum. However, it is that time again - NaBloPoMo, or National Blog Posting Month, where you try to complete a blogpost every day. I can tell right now that this will be more of a struggle for me this year than in previous years, but I am game. The added incentive for me is that if I can accomplish this, I will hit 1000 blogposts by the end of the month. There may even be a prize in there somewhere if I hit 1000... In the meantime, here is a picture of Piper destroying her Kraft dinner:

DSCN0002

The kid is pretty much refusing to eat baby purees now - she wants what you are eating, period. We had salsa chicken last week - it's a crockpot dish made with chicken breasts, salsa, cream of chicken soup, taco seasoning - with a dollop of sour cream added in at the end. Not terribly spicy for an adult, but it would have a bit of a bite for a child. She was relentless - she wanted some NOW. So, I scraped off as much sauce as I could, shredded the chicken - and she had it down her gullet and was screaming for more before I had another bite in my own mouth. Do you have any idea how long it took for me to not have Willow whining every time we had something remotely spicy - she even objected to simple salt and pepper!! I'm taking no chances with this Piper - we're going to try a mild curry next week and see what happens...

2 comments:

Discoknits said...

Nothing to say babies only like bland foods. Piper is a good girl for you in the eating dept :0) Hope she likes her curry.
I'll try to join you in the blog-posting. I have a ton of quick knits I've been making and not posting about....
When I had my 2nd baby, a friend said to me, "you wonder what you used to do with all your spare time". True, or what!

Mel said...

Brenna is 12 and still won't eat anything strongly flavored, she fussed about seasoning even as a baby. Not sure where she gets that from since both of us love our very spicy foods. Thanks for the NaBloPoMo reminder. I always mean to do this every year and never quite make it.