Saturday, July 15, 2006

TKGA Haul

Look what I have!



My friend Michelle and I went out to King of Prussia today to go to the TKGA Convention (Knitting Guild of America) and did a little retail therapy... Teri, you will be happy to know that I went with specific items in mind, so I didn't go all willy-nilly with the spending (although it did come pretty damn close to that!). In the back from left to right:

  • Magic Loop booklet (Oh, I have wanted this for so long!)
  • 5" sock needles in US2. I would have liked US1, but them's the breaks
  • Brittany straight cable needles

Now the three big skeins in the middle:

  • Dark bluish-grey Malabrigo
  • Red wool hemp blend sport weight yarn
  • Emerald and blue Malabrigo

And the three little skeins in the front from left to right:

  • Violet kid mohair (destined for my Project Colorswap partner, Jae)
  • Two skeins of the worsted weight hemp-wool blend yarn

I can't tell you what the yarn is for because they involve my Christmas plans - but I have a project in mind for every last piece! I even snagged a free knitting magazine that I will pass onto my Mom or sister since I already have a subscription to Creative Knitting.

The nicest vendors there were the people from Carodan Farms (http://www.carodanfarm.com) and they have a gorgeous cable knit sweater I am planning to buy the pattern for in September once the test knitting is finished and they are ready to sell the pattern.

Whew! After all the walking around and touching the most gorgeous wool ever, Michelle and I were starving and getting a little dizzy. We went to the nearby King of Prussia Mall, intending to go to the Cheesecake Factory, but even at 2pm there was a line up out the door. So, we went next door to the much less crowded Bamboo Club and were fed immediately. We even scored an extra course to our 3 course meal as they brought us out hot and sour soup rather than the Thai cucumber salad. Michelle, thank you for a wonderful time - I will go shopping with you anytime!

And last, but not least to my sister...

Happy Birthday Teri!

I love you so much - I hope you are having a wonderful birthday!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Nice haul!

roxy =^o^= said...

Woop!

Happy birthday to Teri as well :)

turtlegirl76 said...

Happy Birthday, Teri!

Looks like you had a nice afternoon and what a haul from it!

Westozcaat said...

great stash

aija said...

Great haul! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!!!