Sunday, June 01, 2008

Sunday Breakfast Buns

Don't these look lovely?



Here's a close-up for you:




My Mom used to make these Breakfast Buns when I was a child and I loved them - I can't even fathom how many I ate over the years. When I was a teenager I learned to make them on my own and then no one's waistline was safe! You can find the recipe at the Five Roses website. It wouldn't let me hone in on the exact recipe - so click on the recipes link at the top of the page and do a search for 'quick breads' then 'breakfast rolls.' I made two changes to the recipe - I left out the first three ingredients because I like my rolls plain, and instead of a normal muffin tin where they would grow tall, I put them in my large muffin tin so they would spread out a bit more. I think I like these better than even cinnamon rolls - the baking powder dough and sugar/cinnamon mix is so much more appealing to me. They warm up nicely, too - put a little butter on top and pop them in the microwave for 20 - 30 seconds. And the best part? These tasty morsels are ready in less than 30 minutes.
Enjoy!

5 comments:

Shan said...

My mum used to make those...she had a Five Roses cookbook from the sixties. Yum!

Bezzie said...

Ooo..delish! I made nobakes yesterday--one of my childhood staples.

Unknown said...

Yumm!!!! Can I come over for Breakfast???

cpurl17 said...

Those look fantastic!!

Beverly said...

Thanks for the recipe! I'm always looking for quick breakfast recipes since BB is sensitive to milk--no cereal allowed.